Scarring injury compensation claims can be some of the most serious that we represent people for, and we offer No Win, No Fee legal representation for eligible clients.
With some victims left with permanent damage, it is important that we make sure any victim suffering with this kind of injury is properly compensated. Our specialist legal team can fight for the maximum possible pay-out, and our clients can benefit from our expertise as lawyers that focus on serious injury compensation cases.
Here are some of the key questions answered: are you eligible to claim personal injury compensation? If so, what could you claim for? And, importantly, how can we help you today?
Are you eligible to claim?
You could be eligible to claim personal injury compensation for scarring injuries if you have suffered as a result of negligence that has left you with physical scarring.
We can represent victims for work accidents, road accidents, and injuries suffered in shops or public areas. If we believe that you could be owed compensation, we may be able to represent you for a legal case on a No Win, No Fee basis.
You can read more about how the No Win, No Fee works here.
What can you claim for?
We will normally need to use specialist medical evidence from a suitably qualified expert to determine exactly what it is that you could receive for a claim. We will also use our own extensive expertise to assist us in valuing the claim as we look to make sure that you receive maximum recovery for what you have had to go through.
We will normally assess the following factors when it comes to working out what you could claim for in terms of a scarring injury compensation case:
- The volume of the scarring;
- Where the scarring is on your body;
- Whether there has been any requirement for surgery;
- Any physical disabilities that arise from the scarring;
- The cosmetic impact on you;
- The psychological impact on you.
When it comes to scarring injury compensation amounts, we can look at the official guidelines for rough estimations. When we put this together with our expertise and proper medical evidence, we can then formulate a proper valuation for you.
The guidelines confirm as follows:
- Trivial scarring injury claims: estimations around £3,000.00;
- Small scars that could be camouflaged and do not hugely affect your appearance: £12,000.00;
- Scarring where surgery can reduce most of the impact, with some cosmetic disability remaining where it may be visible at conversational distances: estimations around £26,400.00;
- Substantial disfigurement: estimations around £42,500.00;
- Severe scarring which may affect younger people more and/or where the cosmetic impact is substantial: estimations around £85,300.00.
Please remember that these are just the guidelines for the General Damages only. These are estimations for just the pain, suffering and loss of amenity side of the case. Special Damages could also be claimed as well, which are for any losses and expenses incurred.
Free and no-obligation advice for scarring injury compensation claims
Our team is always happy to provide injured victims with free and no-obligation advice about their options for justice. This includes for scarring injury compensation claims, and you may be eligible to benefit from our No Win, No Fee legal representation.
IMPORTANT: advice on this page is intended to be up-to-date for the 'first published date'.