Hernia Mesh Compensation Claims
THIS ACTION IS ONE OF THE DOZENS OF DIFFERENT GROUP CASES OUR LAWYERS ARE FIGHTING FOR JUSTICE IN
YOU MAY BE ABLE TO CLAIM HERNIA MESH COMPENSATION ON A NO WIN, NO FEE BASIS
About Our Hernia Mesh Compensation ActionIn the UK, the NHS and the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) continue to back the use of hernia mesh procedures. However, there has been criticism over reported failures to properly review patients who are suffering with hernia mesh complications.
With the chance of complications being as high as 30% in some cases, we feel that more needs to be done.
And that's why The Injury Lawyers are taking action for people who are suffering with hernia mesh complications. We're already acting for a number of individuals who have come forward and asked us to represent them for a legal case.
In America, there has been a number of class actions (group actions), and hundreds of thousands of mesh implants have been recalled. We think that more needs to be done in the UK in the same way that further action was eventually taken for other mesh devices, such as vaginal mesh.
Hernia Mesh Complications
The risk of suffering with hernia mesh complications can be as high as 30% in some cases. Patients can suffer with a number of problems and these can include:
- Hernia relapse, requiring further surgical intervention and treatment
- Pain, which in some cases can become chronic pain
- Problems walking, standing and moving due to the pain and discomfort
- Scar tissue forming that can cause inflammation and pain (known as adhesions)
- Perforation and obstruction or organs, such as the bowel
In some cases, the complications can be so severe that patients are left unable to move or walk properly. This can leave some people unable to work and unable to look after themselves, which is why it's important to take action if you have, or are, suffering complications.
Can You Make A Hernia Mesh Compensation Claim?
Each person needs to be assessed on a case-by-case basis, but if any of the following applies to your situation, you may be eligible to make a claim for hernia mesh compensation with us:
- Alternatives: were any alternatives offered that could have been more suitable for you? Hernias can be repaired without surgical mesh, for example by using sutures, which is often referred to as primary closure.
- Risks and recovery: were the risks and prospects for recovery fully explained to you? With the risks of suffering with hernia mesh complications as high as 30% in some cases, a patient needs to be given the opportunity to fully consider how such a procedure could affect them.
- Aftercare: aftercare is incredibly important when it comes to any invasive surgical procedure. In the case of hernias, were you given enough information about what to look for, and when to ask for help? Were you provided with follow-up appointments and in-depth advice about how to manage after your procedure?
In some cases, a claim for hernia mesh compensation can simply stem from surgical errors or defects with the device. In either of those scenarios, you may also be entitled launch a legal case. The best way to find out is to speak to our team as soon as possible, and it's important to do so early. There can be a number of deadlines and timeframes to claim in medical product cases, and you don't want to accidentally miss a key date that stops you from claiming the compensation you deserve.
No Win, No Fee Hernia Mesh Compensation Representation
Your hernia mesh compensation claim is generally made up of two types of damages:
- General Damages: for the pain, suffering and loss of amenity caused by any hernia mesh complications. This can also include the need for any revision surgery as well. Essentially, the extent of your injuries is what makes up this portion of your case.
- Special Damages: for any losses and expenses, which can include lost earnings for time off work, further treatment costs and care and assistance claims for friends and family who may need to help you out.
In a similar medical product compensation action, we've recovered over £1.3m in damages and counting. We've been able to succeed with claims for compensation because we were successful in arguing that our clients would have sought alternatives had they have known the truth about the product in question.
As such, we're prepared to offer No Win, No Fee agreements for clients in the UK who fit our criteria.
You can call our claims helpline for free, no obligation advice now on 0800 634 75 75, or you could complete an enquiry form and arrange for a call back from our team. We can then let you know if we think we can help you and what your options are. If you want to go ahead with a claim, we can take your instructions and get a case started right away.
Don't suffer from hernia mesh complications in silence. We may be able to help you.