You could be eligible to claim personal injury compensation for a serious injury from manual handling, and we may be able to represent you for a case on a No Win, No Fee basis.
We will explain below when you may be able to claim and what the duty is that your employer has to protect you. We will also give you an insight into what you could be eligible to claim for as well.
Read on for more advice. To speak to the team for advice now, please don’t hesitate to get in touch here.
Can you claim compensation for a serious injury from manual handling?
You could be eligible to claim personal injury compensation for a serious injury from manual handling in the workplace. You should never be exposed to an injury like this as the law puts an important duty on your employer to take all reasonable and necessary steps to avoid such injuries in the workplace.
- Manual handling training and supervision so employees know how to lift safely;
- The provision of equipment like trolleys, cages, or pallet trucks for large objects;
- Risk assessments being carried out properly.
The last one can cover a range of things that can then interlink with the other factors. Risk assessments should be carried out to make sure that:
- The route is safe for the load to be moved;
- There are enough people involved for the move;
- The appropriate equipment is available and is practicable for the job.
Where any of these conditions are not met, and you are injured as a result of the job, you could be eligible to claim personal injury compensation with us on a No Win, No Fee basis. This includes for repetitive strain injuries as well.
What could you claim for?
Compensation for a serious injury from manual handling at work requires an experienced legal team to make sure that you get the damages that you truly deserve.
Did you know that we specifically focus on serious injury cases when it comes to personal injury matters? Our experienced team is used to representing catastrophically injured accident victims, and a large proportion of our injury cases we represent people for are for serious injury claims.
When it comes to a serious injury from manual handling, it is most common for the injured person to suffer a back problem. If this is serious, it could keep you off work for months, or even years. It may cause permanent damage that completely alters what you can do for work for the rest of your life.
You could be eligible to claim compensation for:
- Any pain, suffering and loss of amenity caused; and
- Losses and expenses, which often makes up the large proportion of a legal case when the injuries are serious. You may need to claim lost earnings for the rest of your life, or the costs for private treatment and ongoing care and assistance.
Find out if we can help you today
Our team is always happy to provide you with free, no-obligation advice about your options for justice. We can normally tell you in minutes if we think that you have a valid claim. If we can help you, we can also offer to represent you on a No Win, No Fee bass.
For free, no-obligation advice today, please don’t hesitate to contact the team here now.
IMPORTANT: advice on this page is intended to be up-to-date for the 'first published date'.