Burn injury claims can be some of the most serious types of cases that we take forward for victims on a No Win, No Fee basis.
Here’s a little advice about whether you could be eligible to launch a legal case. If you can claim, we can also give you some rough guidance in terms of how much the compensation case could be worth using official guidelines.
Our No Win, No Fee options mean that we can offer access to justice for all. What have you got to lose?
Can you claim compensation for a burn injury?
Burn injury claims can be significant when the victim is left with severe scarring. When it comes to personal injury cases, we specifically focus on serious and high value matters, and burn cases can often fall into this category.
There are many ways in which you could be entitled to make a claim for compensation, and these can include:
- Actual or chemical burns at work due to a lack of personal protective equipment and/or faulty equipment;
- Burns from using products, whether they’re healthcare products that cause a burn reaction or where faults cause a fire or overheating situation;
- Burns and scolds from a spilled hot drink on a flight;
- Burns and scolds from dangerously hot liquids.
Where the injury arises as a result of some form of negligence, that’s when you may be eligible to make a legal case. Workplace regulations are incredibly stringent, so these kinds of cases can often succeed. However, in non-work scenarios, you can still have a claim against a company, landlord or another entity.
Burn injury claims amounts
When it comes to values and pay-outs for burn injury claims, we make use of a combination of:
- Our expertise as specialist injury lawyers;
- Medical reports from a private consultant who can use a combination of an interview with you and your medical records and information;
- Legal precedents and official guidelines.
Given that we’re advising about amounts without knowing the specifics of your case, we can only use the official guidelines to give you an idea. Looking at the guidelines, you may be able to estimate how much a case could be worth. However, it’s important to remember that it will normally come down to the medical evidence and the factors unique to your case.
The guidelines say:
- Burns injuries that leave the victim with severe facial disfigurement or where more than 40% of other parts of the body are covered: up to £90,000.00;
- Facial burn injuries that are less severe but still result in significant disfigurement: up to £42,000.00;
- Non-facial scarring from burns in noticeable places: up to £20,000.00;
- Less significant scarring from burns: up to £12,000.00;
- Simple or “trivial” burns: up to £3,000.00.
No Win, No Fee representation
We can represent people for burn injury claims on a No Win, No Fee basis. If we think that there’s a good enough chance that the case will succeed, we can work in this way so you can rest assured if the claim doesn’t succeed.
For free, no-obligation advice about whether you may be able to make a claim, you can call the helpline now on 0800 634 75 75. Alternatively, please see the contact page here for more ways to get in touch.
We’re here to help!
IMPORTANT: advice on this page is intended to be up-to-date for the 'first published date'.