Manual handling injuries in the workplace are unfortunately common. The Manual Handling Operations Regulations that employers must abide by outline in clear detail the duty of an employer in what they need to do to prevent an employee being injured in the workplace by a manual handling injury.
Manual handling injuries commonly involve the back which is always a dangerous place to injure. So can you make a no win, no fee manual handling injury claim?
Firstly it’s important to understand that different firms can have vastly different terms and conditions attached to their no win, no fee agreement. Some no win, no fee agreements like ours do exactly what they say on the tin, whereas some mean you may still end up paying if a case doesn’t succeed.
So it’s extremely important to instruct a specialist injury lawyer like us who offer a genuine no win, no fee agreement. This should mean that:
- Your lawyer writes off their legal fees if the case doesn’t succeed
- You don’t pay for disbursements if the case doesn’t win
- You don’t pay anything upfront which is non-refundable
You shouldn’t be at any loss in a no win, no fee situation – it’s as simple as that.
What we must do is risk assess your case to see if we can offer you a no win, no fee agreement. If we are confident enough that we can win your case then we can offer it to you. It’s about whether we believe the risks of taking the case on are outweighed by the likelihood of winning. A no win, no fee means that you should be able to trust your solicitor to fight hard enough for the claim – ultimately if it loses, we don’t get paid, and we lose money.
Examples of where we can offer you a no win, no fee manual handling claim are:
- Where you have received no, or no adequate, manual handling training
- You have been instructed to move items that are dangerously heavy
- The volume of manual handling is too high and has caused a repetitive strain injury
- No mechanical or human assistance was made available for a manual handling activity that required assistance
Each case is of course different so you are always best off calling us on 0800 634 7575 for a friendly chat about your options. We can explain in detail how the no win, no fee works, and take the case on if we are confident enough that we can win it.
We keep things simple – no upfront fees and nothing to pay if the case doesn’t win.
IMPORTANT: advice on this page is intended to be up-to-date for the 'first published date'.